3 Things Proverbs Teaches Us About Wisdom
Wed Apr 23, 2014
by Joe Stengele
Resurgence Leadership #013: The Call of a Spiritual Father
Tue Apr 22, 2014
7 Symptoms of Eternity Amnesia
Mon Apr 21, 2014
by Paul Tripp
7 Prayers for Jesus’ Church
Sun Apr 20, 2014
3 Big Questions Kids Ask on Good Friday
Fri Apr 18, 2014
by Andrew Weiseth
Resurgence roundup, 5/31/13
This week, we’re reading about how not to waste our summer, Piper on Lewis, and how to examine the authenticity of biblical texts, and we’re applying for ReTrain!
The “Don’t waste your summer!” series
The Gospel Project
This is an excellent series of posts from various authors on redeeming the summer, with a little bit of something for everyone, from Trillia Newbell encouraging women, Eric Mason challenging husbands and fathers, to Matt Capps inspiring pastors to be intentional with their summer plans.
“3 essentials in healthy kids and student ministries,” by Eric Geiger
Local churches, parents, and guardians should partner together in ministering to children and students, not only within their four walls, but within their community as well. The three keys, says Geiger are these: kingdom expanding, character transforming, and culture shaking.
"Free stuff Fridays," by Tim Challies
We love giveaways and free stuff. Today Challies has a great prize package that includes one of our latest book releases, Touch Topics: Biblical Answers to 25 Challenging Questions by Sam Storms
“The difference between original autographs and original texts,” by Michael J. Kruger
The Gospel Coalition
How can we be certain that the Bible we read is the actual Bible if all we have are copies of copies of the original writings? With this post, Kruger, a professor of New Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary, provides a thorough response of why we can be confident that we have the actual Bible based upon the role of the autographs and the manuscripts.
“New eBook: Piper celebrates the influence of Lewis,” by Jonathan Parnell
C.S. Lewis has had a tremendous influence on countless people, especially Dr. John Piper. To commemorate the 50th year since Lewis passed away, Desiring God released a new free eBook this week from Piper, Alive to Wonder: Celebrating the Influence of C.S. Lewis.
Here are the posts we’ve put out here on Resurgence in the last seven days.
- “Knowing who you are,” by Jeremy Pace (Becoming a Better Leader)
- “Bringing it all back to discipleship,” by Ryan Kearns (Book Highlight)
- “Bearing the burden to remember,” by Jake Snodgrass
- “How to preach biblical narratives,” by Mark Driscoll (Preaching & Teaching)
- “On the broom of gracious gospel: A Q&A with Gloria Furman,” by Hilary Tompkins
- “Complete vs. compete,” Leadership Coaching with Pastor Mark
- "Your ministry calling is impossible,” by Sutton Turner (Becoming a Better Leader)
Resurgence Training Center
Applications for the next year’s classes for Resurgence Training Center are due today! Be a part of the Class of 2014 and apply.
Here are some stories we recently shared from students the Class of 2013:
- We asked Kasey Shuler, “Where in your life are you most eager to apply what you’re learning in ReTrain?”
- We asked Julio Merida, “What have you been learning about at ReTrain?”
- We asked Geoff Wright, “What brought you to ReTrain?”