Paycheck mommy, the gayby boom, and other trends changing the American family
Wed Dec 11, 2013
by Mark Driscoll
3 tips for sharing Jesus with others this Christmas
Wed Dec 11, 2013
by Adam Ramsey
Everlasting joy is coming
Tue Dec 10, 2013
by Elyse Fitzpatrick
Sorry your party’s lame, Jesus
Mon Dec 09, 2013
by Cam Huxford IV
Because he first served us
Sat Dec 07, 2013
by Kimm Crandall
Top 10 Reasons to Join a Church Plant
In the same spirit, I now offer you my
Top 10 Reasons to Join a Church Plant:
1. If you want to see Jesus do something new and are sick of the status quo.
2. If you dream of being part of something bigger than yourself.
3. If you want to get into a fight/enter a battle for the kingdom of Christ.
4. If you feel a constant itch to see people who don’t know Jesus come to know Jesus and you believe church planting is the best way for the gospel to advance.
5. If you want to give your time, money, energy, and talents to starting something new and you want to make sacrifices to see a mission to succeed.
6. If you fully support the vision, mission, doctrine, and leadership of a church plant.
7. If you want your faith to grow and you want God to fundamentally meddle with and change your life.
8. If you want to love your city.
9. If you want to watch God move in ways you never imagined and you want an adventure (with all it’s discomfort and risk).
10. If you’re not afraid to bank your life on Matthew 16:18 (“I [Jesus] will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it”).
Many thanks to some members at Garden City Church who gave and inspired some of the ideas for this list.
This article is adapted from Justin's blog post.