We are a Kanye
Wed Jun 19, 2013
by Odd Thomas
Does the bible contain errors?
Tue Jun 18, 2013
by Megan Almon
Introducing: “Know the Bible” series
Mon Jun 17, 2013
What is Scripture?
Mon Jun 17, 2013
by Justin Holcomb
21 simple ways to be an exceptional dad
Sun Jun 16, 2013
by Josh Mcpherson
5 Reasons the Gospel Can Demand Obedience
Disobedience to the Gospel: Click | View Series Romans 10:16—"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, 'Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?'" Man is the same disobedient creature under all dispensations… When any receive the gospel it is a work of grace: "the arm of the Lord is revealed." But when they refuse it, it is their own sin: "they have not obeyed the gospel."
5 REASONS THE GOSPEL CAN DEMAND OBEDIENCE
- The authority of the sender. Whatever God commands, man is under bonds to do.
- The motive of the sender. Love shines in the gospel command, and no man should slight infinite love. To refuse to obey the gospel of salvation is an insult to divine love.
- The great gift of the sender: He has given us his only begotten Son. To refuse Jesus is a high affront to measureless love.
- The reasonableness of the demand of the sender. Should not men believe their God, and trust their Savior?
- The earnestness of the sender. His whole heart is in the gospel. Note the high position which the scheme of salvation occupies in the esteem of God. Shall we not obey an appeal put before us with such energy of compassion?
Ask your own consciences whether you do right to refuse or neglect the gospel of the grace of God. Ask those who are now saved what they think of their long unbelief. Do not incur a world of regrets in after years by long delays. Do not jeopardize your souls by refusing the gospel. Adapted from Charles Spurgeon's sermon notes.