Ray Ortlund: 6 Reasons Why I’m A29
Learn more about Acts 29 at acts29network.org.
- At age 59, it is high time for me actively to give myself away to younger men. A29 gives me the opportunity to love and serve the next generation. (“Fulfill your ministry,” not “Fulfill my ministry,” 2 Tim. 4:5)
- I am inspired by the men in A29. They are doctrinally conscientious, risk-taking, hardworking, imaginative, manly, fun. If there are some rough edges, they'll get knocked off in time. (Prov. 28:1)
- With A29, I can participate in a new movement of the Holy Spirit. All my adult life I have longed for revival. I want the final season of my life to be under all the blessing God will give. A29 is open to God. (Psalm 63:1)
- I benefit from wise coaching. My A29 coach has been where I am. This monthly contact builds in regular accountability, goals and coherent progress. Not control or intrusiveness, but counsel and support. (Prov. 13:20)
- I admire the selfless commitment to Christ and his Church embodied in the structures of A29. The system has been assembled in a generous way, everyone pitching in, helping out, each rejoicing in the progress of others. (John 3:30)
- I have so much to learn about gospel ministry. I need wisdom to understand and adapt and contextualize with Stott’s “between two worlds” faithfulness. A29 specializes in missional wisdom. In my opinion, this is their greatest strength. (1 Cor. 9:19-23)