Good News for Weary Women
Thu Sep 11, 2014
Three pillars of a Women’s Midweek Study: teaching, testimonies, and table discussion
Wed Sep 10, 2014
by Hilary Tompkins
Top 5 Posts of August
Thu Sep 04, 2014
10 best practices in women’s ministry
Wed Sep 03, 2014
by Hilary Tompkins
Resurgence Leadership #032: Elyse Fitzpatrick Interview
Tue Sep 02, 2014
Spiritual Gifts: Giving
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously... (Romans 12:6-8 NIV)
Spiritual Gift of Giving Defined
The gift of giving is the ability to give money and other forms of wealth joyfully, wisely, and generously to meet the needs of others and help support ministries.
People with the Gift of Giving
Regardless of the amount, people with this gift genuinely view their treasures, talents, and time as on loan from God and not their own. They are often moved to meet the physical needs of others. They enjoy giving of themselves and what they have. Even if they do not possess the resources to help, they earnestly pray for those needs to be met.
Giving in Scripture
Roughly 25 percent of Jesus' words in the Gospels are related to our resources and stewardship of them. Though he was poor, Jesus not only fed thousands (Mark 6:41) but also gave us his life as a gift (John 15:13). Elsewhere in the Bible, the widow (Mark 12:42-43), Tabitha (Acts 9:36), Barnabas (Acts 4:34-37), and the Macedonian church (2 Cor. 8:1-2) all had this gift.
Do You Have This Gift?
- Do you tend to see the needs of others more than other people do?
- Do you enjoy giving your time, talent, and treasure to others?
- Do you see giving to a worthwhile project as an exciting honor and privilege?
- Do you give to the church regularly, cheerfully, and sacrificially?
- Do you often hear people commenting that you are a generous person?
- Do you find yourself looking for opportunities to give your money—even when no one asks?