4 Leadership Essentials For Church Revitalization
Wed Jul 23, 2014
by Mark Hallock
Resurgence Leadership #026: Leading Church Growth, Part 3
Tue Jul 22, 2014
Best Books: Unceasing Worship, by Harold Best
Mon Jul 21, 2014
by Mark Driscoll
Pastor Mark Interviews Pastor Dave, Part 2
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Resurgence Leadership #025: Leading Church Growth, Part 2
Tue Jul 15, 2014
Spiritual Gifts: Evangelism
It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists... (Ephesians 4:11 NIV)
Spiritual Gift of Evangelism Defined
The gift of evangelism is the ability and desire to boldly and clearly communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ so that non-Christians can become Christians.
People with the Gift of Evangelism
Evangelists often care passionately about lost people and have a strong desire to see them meet Jesus. They feel compassion for the lost and seek to earnestly understand their questions and doubts so that they can provide a compelling answer. An evangelist often prefers being with people in the culture rather than hanging out with Christians in the church.
Evangelism in Scripture
Luke 19:10 says that "the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." People accused Jesus of being "a friend of tax collectors and ‘sinners'" because he had many evangelistic relationships with sinful people (Matthew 11:19). Philip (Acts 21:8) and Timothy (2 Timothy 4:5) are also examples of evangelists.
Do You Have This Gift?
- Do you enjoy being with non-Christians and sharing the gospel?
- Are you able to effectively communicate to non-Christians in a language they can understand?
- Does a person's conversion bring you profound joy?
- Do you feel frustrated when you haven't shared your faith for a while?
- Do you enjoy teaching others how to share their faith?
- Do you find it easy to direct a conversation toward the topic of Jesus Christ?