What Easter Says About You
Wed Apr 16, 2014
by Elyse Fitzpatrick
5 Huge Benefits of Being a Multi-Generational Church
Tue Apr 15, 2014
by Drew Hensley
Resurgence Leadership #012: Greg Laurie & James MacDonald Q&A
Tue Apr 15, 2014
A Medical Account of Jesus’ Death
Mon Apr 14, 2014
by Mark Driscoll
We’re Praying for Graceview Baptist Church
Sun Apr 13, 2014
Spiritual Gifts: Administration
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration... (1 Corinthians 12:27-28 NIV)
Spiritual Gift of Administration Defined
The gift of administration is the God-given ability to give direction and make decisions on behalf of others that result in efficient operation and accomplishment of goals. Administration includes the ability to organize people, things, information, finances, etc. Often the mark of an administrator is the ability to accomplish things in a "fitting and orderly way" (1 Corinthians14:40).
People with the Gift of Administration
Administrators often have a keen eye for detail. They may also possess the natural talents of organization, observing and using details, problem solving, and reasoning.
Administration in Scripture
Jesus organized His ministry by choosing his inner circle of three disciples (Mark 9:2), appointing the twelve (Mark 3:13-14), and sending out the seventy two by two (Luke 10:1). Joseph (Genesis 41:41-57; 47:13-26), Jethro (Exodus 18), and Titus (Titus 1:5) all demonstrate the gift of administration.
Do You Have This Gift?
- When things are poorly organized do you get frustrated and want to help fix things?
- Can you bring order out of chaos?
- Do you naturally organize your life, schedule, finances, priorities, etc.?
- Do you become energized working on tasks and projects?
- Do things like efficiency and promptness matter more to you than most people?
- Do things like spreadsheets, budgets, organizational charts and software, files, highlighters, and label makers make you happy?